Work-At-Height Course for Supervisors (available in English and Mandarin)
SDU : 12 SDUs
All manager, WSHO, WSHC, WAH Safety assessor, line supervisors, foremen and those in-charge of workers who are performing work-at-height tasks.
All supervisory roles and safety personnel play a critical role to reduce work-at-height risks in the workplaces. They are directly responsible for their workers safety, thus, these supervisors shall be trained and be competent to ensure zero incidents and harm to their workers.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the various Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) legislations / Approved codes of practice / Singapore standards applicable to WAH. Know the Roles and Responsibilities.
- Conduct risk assessment for WAH and implement preventive measures related to WAH
- Implement a Fall Prevention Plan
- Demonstrate competency in donning, checking, and correcting of individual fall protection equipment and first line response in emergency
- WSH Act and Regulations, WSH (WAH) Regulations, Approved Code of Practices and Singapore Standards
- Roles and Responsibilities of WAH Supervisors
- Risk Assessment Hazard Identification and Control Measures for WAH
- Fall Control Measures
- Permit-To-Work (PTW) for WAH
- Fall Prevention Plan (FPP) and its components, including Emergency Response for WAH
- Individual Fall Protection Equipment and First Line Response in Emergency
Participants to provide a Work Permit / NRIC copy
Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in work at height practical activities
Participants have a basic knowledge of workplace processes, procedures, activities and practices
Participants must be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy Level 4
Teacher: Student ration is 1:20
12 hours (including assessment)
100% course attendance
There will be a short answer question, scenario based question and practical assessment
Medium of Instruction
English , Mandarin
** Please note that it is COMPULSORY for all participants to wear safety shoes when attending the course
The certificate will be awarded to the participant on successful completion of the written/practical assessment. The certificate is valid for lifetime.
SDF Funding (Fee Type: Full Fee*)
*The full course fee will be billed upon enrolment for this course. To claim for SDF funding, please apply directly to WDA and make the full payment to SEP Learning Centre Pte Ltd via cheque
Training Organisation Name: SEP Learning Centre Pte Ltd
Course Code: CRS-N-0029524 (English)
Grant Amount: Up to 90% of course fee (subject to WDA approval)
Eligibility For SDF
- Participants must be company sponsored and are either Citizens or PR of Singapore.
- They are to submit the application directly to SDF.
- All applications are subject to WDA's requirements and consideration.
For assistance, please call WDA at 68835885 or log-on to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for more information.